Completely familiar with all phases of a contract’s scope, requirements and schedule.
Plans methods and procedures for the safe installation of the electrical system including the coordination with other crafts and project schedule. Supervises & performs the safe installation of the contract requirements in accordance with the National Electric Code and/or local code enforcing authority. Insure that sufficient materials, tools and equipment are available on the job site so the project is not delayed or being done in a non-productive manner. Interact with customers & maintain the highest level of customer service.
Must have a minimum of 5 years field experience on commercial electrical projects. Previous supervisory experience preferred. Must possess the ability to work well with people in all work levels and trades. Must have leadership qualities. Must be knowledgeable with the operation of all tools and equipment on the job including but not limited to cable tugger, conduit benders, lifts, KO sets, backhoe, trencher, water pumps, cranes, generators, etc. Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, other contract documents, wiring diagrams, manufacturer’s information, and other job-related directives. Must be able to identify pricing changes to the contract. Possess a valid Driver License with a clean driving history. Must have completed OSHA 10. Journeyman license preferred. Neat & Professional appearance.
- Maintain project schedule and, when applicable, assigning tasks to jobsite employees.
- Order material and tools. Schedule delivery of major material items.
- Attend job site & service meetings
- Supervise & perform the installation, verify it is being made in accordance with the contract documents and code requirements.
- Call for inspections and accompany inspector during walk through, noting any violations
- Notify the general Contractor or contract administrator of any code violations, omissions, conflicts or deviations in the installation documents.
- Email daily work tickets for each job performed including description of work, hours billed & materials used.
- Administer and enforce the Safety Program, Drug Free Workplace Program, and Hazardous Communication Program on the job site.
- Supervise the storage of material and equipment.
- Complete accident reports and make accident investigations as required.
- Review weekly safety talks.
- Inspect delivered materials, equipment, fixtures and apparatus for defects of non-compliance.
- Work with manufacturers, owner’s representative or owner to insure a proper installation.
- Does job site general administrative functions including but not limited to time cards, packing slips, cost codes, etc.
- Maintain a harmonious and productive attitude among the employees.
- Other duties as assigned